Friday, September 27, 2013

The Monarch

So once again I was overtaken by hunger and forgot to snap pictures... but yesterday I tried out 
It is in Delano, at Douglas & Sycamore, and is a little gastropub with an impressive display of whiskeys including flavors like garlic and watermelon. Hmm...  No worries, they also have the usual Crown and Jack.

I did not have an alcoholic drink, but I did have the Beer Brat and it was delicious. It was cooked too perfection and served on a buttered baguette with sautéed onions, garlic, sauerkraut and spicy brown mustard. I know that is not everyone's cup of tea, but "YUM!" ((That is my German roots speaking I guess.))

Isaac had something completely different: the chicken caprese! (Talk about diversity in pub food) That little panini was so chock full of flavor I helped him finished it a little too easily. The smoked chicken was awesome and I love anything with pesto.

We both ordered the sweet potato tots ($1 extra...all the sandwiches just come with chips) and it was well worth it. We left with happy hearts and full tummies.

So overall, The Monarch was surprisingly impressive. Check it out! Because I was a slacker and did not get too many details, this is a short post! ;)



The Monarch on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment